Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sweet Home ALA.....uh, FLorida!

We are Florida residents! Well, Pete is full time and I am on the weekends. I am still in school at Alabama so I live in Tuscaloosa during the week and then Florida on the weekends. This long distance marriage is not as easy as we thought it would be. We miss each other so much during the week and really look forward to our weekends together. Luckily I graduate in May and don't have too much longer to keep this up. I love my hubby and miss being his wife during the week. 

We found a townhouse in Ft. Walton and are now going through the process of furnishing it and making it a home. Neither one of us have furniture so we are literally starting from scratch. Pete and I thought we were going to just buy everything new and fresh, but after going to a few furniture stores and seeing just how much it would cost to furnish our home, we decided the used furniture route would be better for us. We also considered the fact that we don't know where we will be after Pete finishes his training next year so we didn't think it would be a good idea to move new furniture... if we end up moving.

After spending a lot of hours on Craigslist searching for some couches, tables, and whatever else we thought we could use I found some nice couches for our living room. I'm really happy with what we got. They are in great condition and we got them for a great price. It's the only furniture we have right now, but it's a start. I'm so excited to be a wife and I'm loving creating our home together. 

Here are the couches we got! :)






I also enjoy going to flea markets and antique shops to look for unique pieces of furniture or decor, and Pete has been so great about going with me. I have such an amazing husband! He actually found a really cool desk for our garage that we are making into our office at a flea market. Our next purchase we are on the hunt for is a dining room table. Hopefully we can get that soon. And then start the fun process of painting and decorating. :)

Love,
The Rigg's



No comments:

Post a Comment